Thursday, August 13, 2009

doc appt update from today

Today I had my 20 week (20w3d to be exact) check-up. I have gained a total of 6 pounds! And my blood pressure was great. But I think when I reach the 30 week mark I am going to have them check my blood pressure before they weigh me, hehe.
Dr. Miller said the anatomy scan at 18 weeks of baby Fief looked really great! No abnormalities on the baby from what they could see. This was such a huge relief!! But she did mention my placenta is low-lying. Not low enough to put me on any restrictions (lucky Brice) but it is lower than it should be. She said this is very common. Even my sister had it with Nathan. But she said more than likely it will move up to where it needs to be by 28 weeks. They will do another scan at 28 weeks to check. If worse comes to worse and my placenta does not move up, the baby will be fine, but I will need a c-section come delivery time. Regardless, Dr. Miller wants to induce me at 39 weeks, December 21st. Way too many medical reasons that aren't pregnancy related to list, but those that know my history I'm sure you can figure it out:) So I'm excited to know my baby will be here before Christmas. Now let's just pray he doesn't come before then because my sister won't be here till December 18 and her and Brice are the only two people allowed in the room with me:) I can't have my mother in there because she will drive me crazy and stress me out. So everyone will have to wait patiently in the waiting room:) I was watching an episode of Bringing Home Baby and this woman had her mom, sister, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and four grandmothers all in the room with her while she was laboring and pushing. You have got to be kidding me, right? I'm sure my sister-in-law is not going to want to watch me poop on myself while pushing. Good God.

And yes we have a name for our baby boy. And yes it's a secret:) I'm still working on Brice on letting me tell everyone. He's not budging as of now. Darn it!

xoxo

5 comments:

Parrett Five said...

Maryann, as your Doctor said, "The low lying placenta is common." I had it and mine moved on it's own. Either way, the main thing is that baby Fief is delivered and is healthy.. and that Mama Fief is healthy of course!!!

I had to laugh at your comments about your Mother not being in the delivery room... since you said that "I" remind you so much of your Mother. Sheesh...... thanks for that. I thought you liked me. LOL LOL LOL Just teasing.

Love reading your updates! Keep them coming.

Oh, and I think it's cool to keep the baby's name a secret. :0)

Maryann said...

LOL Lisa. No, no, you remind me of my mom because you LOOK like her. Y'alls personalities are complete opisite. You're like fun and spunky and happy everyday. My mom is the shy quite type. If you two were in the same room together you would be the loud crazy one and my mother would be the one with her head down, lol. So now you're probably wondering how does she drive me crazy and stress me out if she's so quite and shy? Well first off, she repeats everything over and over and over. And she freaks out over everything. When I throw up, she'll ask me "do you need to go to the hospital, are you okay?" No mom, I am fine. Are you sure? Yes! And this will go on for 20 minutes till I convince her I am not die'n. You should have seen her when my sister was induced at the Killeen hospital. She was running around screaming at the doctors that my sister and her baby were going to die if they did not start a csection right then cuz her hands and feet were swelling. The doctors told my sister if my mom didn't calm down they were gonna have to ask her to leave, haha.
So if you're anything like my mom, you put on a good act online, haha

xoxo love ya!

julie said...

Low lying placenta is very common. I hope yours moves up.

I emailed you BTW. ;)

Parrett Five said...

Uh noooooo I'm not like that at all. But your Mama loves you!!!! And she'll be an awesome Grandma to your littlest man!!! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the decrease delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=visnetic firewall 3.0 build 6.0.1.4 ?
I noticed the utter you suffer with not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg