Tuesday, September 22, 2009

showers and stuff!!

My first baby shower hosted by my wonderful sister and mom was August 29. We had a great time! This shower was mainly my moms side of the family and a few close friends. Here are some pictures....










Then we had a couple's shower this past Sunday hosted by my dad and Donna and their good friends Mollie and Larry. Everything turned out perfect and was so beautiful. We had a great time. Somehow there was a mix up with my cake. The cake lady didn't have time to come inside so Donna met her outside in the parking lot to get it. It was in a huge white box and the cake lady told Donna to take a look at it before she left. When Donna open the box, she was shocked to see it was a pink and purple baby girl cake with pink glitter!! Donna didn't have the heart to tell the lady it was suppose to be blue, so she brought the cake inside and was afraid I was going to be upset. When my dad and Donna showed it to me all I could do was laugh. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I loved it. And it was yummy! Probably one of the best cakes I have had in a long time. The cake was donated as a gift from the lady who made it, so it's not like we really had the right to complain. All you can do is laugh in a situation like that and enjoy it. Donna added a blue diaper pen to it that we had left over from some deco's. Here are some pictures....


















Thank you to my good friends Jennifer, Nikki, and Kristi for taking pictures during my showers. Without you guys I wouldn't have gotten any pictures at all- so thank you! My next (and last) shower is November 7 with Brice's family. I am soooo excited!!

6 comments:

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Haha about the cake, but it really didn't look too girly. That was sweet of her to donate it.

You have gotten so much, thats wonderful.

Since you have gotten so many diapers, my advice to you is to not open all of them incase your baby moves up sizes quickly. That way, if he moves to size 1 for example and you still have a few cases of newborn left, you can exchange it for a bigger size. I know they don't let you do it if the box is already opened.
My twins did not stay in newborns very long nor size 1.

Parrett Five said...

LOL @ the pink and purple cake. As long as it was free and tasted GREAT, who cares! I don't think baby Fief minded too much. :0)

Beautiful pics. You look amazing!

Shannon Dew said...

oh my goodness how cute!!! You can't even tell your pregnant!

MrsKBJ said...

Your shower looked so nice. You got lots of goodies! That is a great stack of diapers (hopefully they aren't all newborn or size 1)! You will have a good head start before you need to buy any! You look so cute!

julie said...

I LOVE that last center piece. So pretty.

LOL about the cake. I'm glad it was delicious!

Jenna said...

Both showers look like they were so much fun! You look great Maryann! How are you feeling?