Monday, November 10, 2008

why does it rain?

Today we layed to rest Miranda Ann Raymond. Why does it always rain during funerals? It didn't just sprinkle, it poured hard and never stopped. It was nice seeing old friends I haven't seen in years. I'm sad it had to be the death of a close friend to bring everyone together, but I suppose that's the way it's meant to be. I guess now we just take one day at a time and remember we got a really good angel working with God looking over us now. Miranda once told me that I can have her children for her because she feared she would never have her own. I'm not sure what she meant by that. Maybe she thought she would never get married, or maybe she knew she wouldn't live a long life? Either way, I promised myself today that's exactly what I'm going to do. I will get pregnant and know she played a part in helping us achieve that. So I prayed to Miranda today and asked her as soon as she's settled down in heaven and has the time, to please add me and Brice to her "miracle" to-do list:)

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Parrett Five said...

Oh you have me teary eyed first thing in the morning. Miranda sounds like a beautiful person and you are such a loving friend!!!

Maryann said...

Ha ha, sorry Lisa. But yes, she was a wonderful person. I wish I had kept all the emails between us. She told me some things that always touched my heart. I'm trying to overcome the guilt of not being there for her when she was sick, but it was all very sudden when she passed away.

xo