Tuesday, December 16, 2008

House

So does anyone love this Fox hit TV show as much as I do? My mom comes over every Tuesday night and we watch it together at my house. My sister is the one who told me about it when it first came out in 2004. She knew I could relate to House. He lives in a lot of pain due to a leg injury and sadly seems to be addicted to vicodin and percocet. But yet he is the smartest doctor at the hospital, the one everyone looks up to and respects the most.
I've been on Vicodin every day for the past 2 years. And recently started on percocet as well. My doctor at MD Anderson gives me both. I don't think a lot of people realize what it's like to live in pain. Like real pain. Like honest to goodness somebody shoot me pain. I see how easy it is to become addicted to these pain medications, espically the percocet. But those tumors are always going to be in my brain attached to nerves. We don't want them to grow and have to be removed. Let them sit there and cause me pain I guess, but in the meantime I have to be strong and have a lot of faith I won't become a pill popping junkie like House. It's only 10am, but I am so ready for 7pm to roll around!

2 comments:

Sadye said...

you and me both sister...with our horrible cronic pain, percocet (glad it's helping you!) and blond hair.

Maryann said...

LOL and blonde hair. That's kind of cute to throw that in there. But so true. All of it. I admire you Sadye for what you go thru, and I have you to thank for helping me get on a better pain med. And the percocet is less tylenol so I don't feel like I am frying my liver everytime I need one, ha! Love you xoxo!