Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Belated I know, but I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. And Happy Birthday to my Papa today, December 26.
I can't believe it's almost 2009. I'm a little sad because I thought I would be pregnant by now. This month was only our 3rd try since my miscarriage, and I know on average it takes 5-6 months. We hit the jackpot the first time, so I know the odds are slim that was going to happen again. I've been worrying lately that my progesterone levels are too slow. I have a border-line too short luteal phase (the time from ovulation till your next period). Progesterone is the hormone that takes over during this time, and if your levels are too low, it can keep you from getting pregnant because your uterus sheds it's lining before an egg has time to implant. Or if you do get pregnant like I did in June, and your progesterone is low or drops, you will have a miscarriage. So right now I am using an all natural progesterone cream. I plan to see my doctor asap to have blood work done to see if I even need it. But this could be the reason for my previous miscarriage and the reason I haven't gotten pregnant yet. If I do get pregnant, I have to continue to use the cream till the end of my first trimester because a sudden drop in progesterone could cause another miscarriage. I am 8 days past ovulation today, and haven't tested yet. Will update as soon as I do. Fingers crossed:)

2 comments:

Parrett Five said...

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Jenna said...

Merry Christmas to you and Brice! I know great things are coming for you in the New Year! I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you two :)