Monday, August 18, 2008

Tax free weekend

This past weekend in Texas was tax free on clothes. The state of Texas does this every year. It's mainly for back to school students, but everyone can take advantage of it. So I went shopping and here is what I got!
First stop was at Forever21. Normally I can't find anything in this store I like, but finally I got lucky.

My husband called this khaki jacket a "safari jungle jacket". Whatever.


Since I was feeling lucky, I strolled on over to the Lucky Brand Jean store. I don't care what anyone says, I don't care if these aren't considered "designer" jeans, but they are some of the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn. I have $200 True Religion and Paige jeans, and these are so much more comfortable.
Anyways, I got these trouser jeans, and they look awesome on.

And this cute cardigan (so much nicer in person!)

Now I had to stop at Macy's. I discovered a new designer brand while I was in there called Language Los Angeles. Such cute tops, but way expensive. But I had to buy just one. I couldn't resist.

I figured by this point I better stop while I am ahead because I know I am going to be spending tons of money with my sister next weekend.

7 comments:

Sadye said...

Cute buys!

Amber said...

Cute buys! Wow tax free weekend!? I'm jealous! We never have those.

Parrett Five said...

I was in TN once when they had their tax free weekend. Everyone was out in droves. It was hilarious. I'd never heard of anything like that before.

I'm happy that you had so much fun shopping. Shopping always cheers me up! I picked up a few cute outfits at Macy's recently.

I'm sure Brice will love to take off everything you bought.... lol

Jenna said...

Great buys Maryann! I wish BC would do a tax-free weekend!

Maryann said...

Haha Lisa!

Thanks girls. I got the Gypsy 05 dress to. I will make a blog with pictures, soon. Promise!

Donna said...

I love those outfits I know you will look great in those.. Have a great time in Washington and leaves some stuff for me when I go in October.....lol

designer jeans said...

I never really could determine whether or not Lucky Brand jeans should be classified as "designer" or not...but like you say, who the heck cares? As long as they look and feel great!