Monday, May 18, 2009

Meet Baby Fief

Due to arrive December 31, 2009

At 6w5d (7w2d by LMP)our baby was measuring right on time with a strong heartbeat of 130bpm. Average heart rate at this stage is 110bpm so baby Fief is defiantly thriving. We did get some bad news, though. What else with me, huh? The gestational sac is measuring small. You can tell by the ultrasound the CRL (crown rump lenght) there isn't much room. Luckily there is room on the sides. My doctor isn't sure what to think of this as she as only seen it one time in 8 years. Maybe I should start playing the lottery? She said it's so odd for the "fetus" to be measuring right on time with such a strong heartbeat, but yet a small gestational sac. Of course now this increases my risk of miscarriage, but she's not too worried at this point. I have another ultrasound this coming Thursday to make sure the sac and baby are still growing. All I want to see is a heartbeat. So I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I did want to let everyone know what's going on because we could use the support and prayers.
I am exactly 8 weeks today and morning sickness is kicking my ass. I have lost 3 pounds on the scale, but yet all my jeans are too tight already. Good sign baby is still growing. I spend more time running to the bathroom to pee than I do on the computer. But I promise to continue to update everyone.

7 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

Maryann I will be praying for you and your little one!

Parrett Five said...

You know I'm always thinking of you! Lovely picture! The baby looks just like you and Brice! ;0)

julie said...

You are totally in my prayers. Please let me know!

Jenna said...

I will kee you in my thoughts Maryann! I am so happy for you and Brice! I hope the morning sickness isn't too bad!

Jenn said...

You're in my thoughts, Maryann!

Unknown said...

Gongrats to you both!!!!

Stephanie said...

Hi Maryann! You took a few pictures of my kids (Emmie & Evie), so I came to your website to check them out. They are great, especially the ones of Evie laying down in the middle of the mall. I started reading your blog and time has flown by. I didn't read every bit, but I enjoyed what I read. I think it is really neat that you take the time to keep everyone posted on what is going on in your world.

Matthew 6:25 says to not worry. I think it is human nature to worry, but I have to remind myself of this all the time. I will keep you in my prayers and I have faith you will be blessed with a healthy baby!