Friday, May 29, 2009

a piece of history- nursery idea

I have been saving this to frame and put in the nursery one day.
In 1983 I won a "real" Cabbage Patch Kid doll at Angleton-Danbury hospital. The first time in my life I have ever beaten my sister at anything, ha! My mom entered both our names in the drawing. Mine was drawn out of hundreds.
Click on the newspaper article picture if you can't read it.


The poor doll is now 26 years old and looks like the bride of chucky. My mom said the original outfit got lost about 3 years after I got it. So she had put one of my night gowns on the doll that I wore as a baby. I'm sure I was upset at the time that the original outfit got lost, but now I am thankful she had put one of my own baby gowns on the doll so I can show my kids one day what I use to wear.

2 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

That is so neat!! I have a few items from when I was little. I am so glad I kept them!

Anonymous said...

Pat n Jenn~

Pat said teh bride of chucky would give that doll run for her money...lol!!