Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well it looks like hurricane Ike is going to be coming for a visit Saturday morning. The police knocked on our door this morning letting us know of the mandatory evacuation orders for Angleton. Against the judgement of my sister, we have decided to board up our house and stay here. My sister was 3 years old and I was just a baby when hurricane Alicia came thru Angleton in 1983. Crystal called it one of her "earliest memories" because it was so "tragic" for her. She said she stayed right by my crib while I slept because she was afraid I was going to get sucked out of my crib from the wind. Hurricane Alicia blew our swingset out of the backyard over the roof of the house and it landed in the front yard. My dads shed building was ripped into pieces. All the car windows were busted out. My mom said she remembers the wind being so strong and loud that it sounded as if the house was going to fall apart any minute. Then she said the eye of the storm came right over Angleton and it got very calm and pretty outside. This will be a first for me and Brice. But we are prepared and ready. Wish us luck.

5 comments:

Parrett Five said...

Very scary, Maryann!!! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Maryann said...

Thanks Lisa. I got my camera ready. I want to film as much of it as I can!!

Debora Roberts said...

Maryann

I am so scared for you. Like Lise you are in my thoughts and Prayers...good thing I learned Reiki :).

Love Debbie & Dave

Jenna said...

I'll be thinking about you and Brice! Stay safe please!

Donna said...

I had a great time at your house and I can not thank you enough for all you did for me during this storm.... I am here if you ever need me.....lol