Monday, September 8, 2008

i wanna grow old with you....

I can't believe it's almost been one year since Brice and I got married. September 22 is not only our wedding anniversary, but it's also my 26 birthday. I am so looking forward to this day. I know Brice has something planned because he was on the phone the other day and was writing something down on paper when he told me to get out of the room. When I later asked him why, he said because it's something I have planned for our anniversary. He did give me a hint and said we are going out of town somewhere. I am so excited, I can't wait!!

I was thinking about our wedding first dance song today. Everyone loved it because it's so funny and not your typical mushy love song. Here are the lyrics.

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you
Ill get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you
Ill miss you
Ill kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold
Ill need you
Ill feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control
So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that song. I think it is from a Adam Sandler movie right?

Parrett Five said...

Love it! Too funny! Happy early Anniversary and 26th Birthday!!!

Amber said...

awwwww!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday my fellow 82 babe!

cstrick99 said...

Gotta love "The Wedding Singer". Happy early birthday and anniversary. My 9th anniversary is the 25th. Good month for anniversaries. Maybe we will get babies as presents this year!!! I am praying for us!

Jennifer said...

Awwww, I can't wait to hear all about the surprise!

Jenna said...

Aww that song is so sweet! Happy (upcoming) Anniversary and 26th B-Day! I can't wait to hear about your surprise! :)