Monday, September 1, 2008

Back from Washington, y'all!

Nathan was so excited to see me walking thru the airport towards baggage claim where they were waiting on me. He ran across the airport with his arms open yelling "meme, meme!!" I didn't expect that reaction from him. I guess he really did miss me!!
The town of DuPont that Crystal and PJ live in is absolutely beautiful. There are walking trails right by their house. We went hiking and picked wild blueberries off the trees. At the end of the trail is the ocean and it's amazingly beautiful. It's all within walking distance of their house. I loved seeing my sister again, it felt just like old times. Nathan is still the same, but he talks a lot more now in complete sentences. Washington is so much different from Texas. I got some strange looks our first time out to dinner when I asked for sweet tea and didn't know what "prawns" were. Why not just call 'em shrimp? Even more funny was something I saw on the menu called "seafood on a bun". Down here in the south we call that a Po'Boy. I gotta admit, their seafood in Washington was a bit better than what we have down here. But I really got mad when I couldn't have sliced onions on my house salad! Now who doesn't serve a salad without onions? Yeah I got another crazy look when I asked for that, hehe. (Mandi, I promise not to embarrass you if we get to meet up next time. I am a pro now with the Washington food menus, ha!)
My first day in Seattle. We even went to the Space Needle.

Me and Nathan at the arcade

Sometimes you just gotta do this in an empty alley!

Nathan trying to get to the blueberry trees

This was on one of the trails

At the park



Playing with lego's

One night we were all going out to dinner and Crystal and PJ were in the living room waiting on me to finish getting ready. I was in the bathroom doing my makeup and of course Nathan was in there helping me. When I finally got done I told Nathan to go tell mommy that I was ready. He proudly walked into the living room and announced to Crystal and PJ "Hey everybody! Meme is ready, and so am I, so come on!!!"

7 comments:

randiann said...

MaryAnn,
It sounds like you had a blast visiting your sister and brother-in-law. The pics were awesome. I hope you got some shots of the beach too.I bet it was gorgeous!

Parrett Five said...

Cute pictures!!!! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful visit!! Nathan sounds like a hoot!!

I had to laugh at your sweet tea comment because Greg and I stopped at McD's for a drink when we were coming back from taking the kids to MI for our anniversary week when I noticed that they had sweet tea. I just about fainted! The lady must have thought I was insane because I was so excited to see sweet tea. I asked for three lemons and the lady said, "Three?" Then she asked me how I liked the tea and I told her it was perfect. I drank 64 oz (or whatever their large is) in about ten minutes or less. I had to pee so bad and all Greg could do was laugh and pull over. He said, "Well that's what happens when you drink 64 oz of tea in five minutes." Oh well....it was good! Reminded me so much of TX and TN.

Jenna said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip MaryAnn! You little nephew seems like such a cutie!

Maryann said...

Aww thanks girls.

Lisa that is so funny and McDonalds sweet tea isn't even that good compared to homemade sweet tea. But we drink it everytime we go to McDonalds, hehe.

Mandi said...

haha Maryann! I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, but I am so excited to meet you on your next visit!

<3

Christina said...

Hey! Glad to see you're back - I was missing you! :)

Maryann said...

Mandi, I know, I wish it had worked out when I was there. Definatly next time!

Christina, missed you too!! I see you did some more growing while I was gone, haha. You look beautiful!