Monday, July 28, 2008

the texas heat

A few days after we got our new landscaping, all our flowers died! Yup, died. How? We don't know. Yes they were being watered, however, this is Texas and it has been 100 degrees here. Maybe the flowers just couldn't handle the Texas heat? I don't know. So off to Home Depot we went and picked out different flowers this time. My wonderful husband let me pick out whatever I wanted. Even though we are Aggie's down here, I loved the ORANGE hibiscus flowers. I also picked out some purple butterfly bushes. And what would a Texas yard not be complete without? Yes that's right, a cactus! Here are a few pictures I took with my camera. My aunt Kat needs to teach me her great photography skills. I have a lot to learn.


8 comments:

Parrett Five said...

Beautiful choices. I hope that these little ones make it.

julie said...

I love them!!

Christina said...

The Hibiscus is gorgeous!!

Jennifer said...

I love the new flowers! SO pretty!

Jenna said...

I'm sorry about your flowers, but the new ones look gorgeous! I wish we were warmer here, it is FREEZING and pouring rain here today! It looks like November out there!

Amber said...

Love the blog! The hibiscus looks great.

Your whole outlook on everything is just inspiring =)

Amber said...

Love the blog! The hibiscus looks great.

Your whole outlook on everything is just inspiring =)

randiann said...

I love the orange flower, it is so pretty. I had some of those until the cows at them. stupid cows! Well at least they did not eat the whole plant. Maybe mine will bloom again and look like yours!