Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moving on

Today we went to see Dr. Miller for my post-op miscarriage appointment. My urine test came out negative for pregnancy. You have no idea how happy we were. Brice was so afraid I was going to need a D&C to remove any dead tissue. This has been so hard for him. He hasn't been eating or sleeping well. He said he can finally relax now that we know for a fact it is really over. Dr. Miller said I should have a normal period in 2-6 weeks. She also said I could very well ovulate before I get that period, and if we feel up to it, she said we can go ahead and start trying now to get pregnant. That's defiantly what we wanted to hear. We both want that baby so bad and don't want to put it off any longer. She said 90% of miscarriages are for spontaneous reasons. The other 10% are caused when there is a problem with the male or female. She said they don't start testing for problems till after three miscarriages. We are pretty confident this won't happen again and it's been an amazing learning lesson and a great test for our marriage. I think we passed with flying colors.

No comments: