Tuesday, July 22, 2008

stupid is as stupid does?

Sometimes I wonder if some people are born under a rock, or just plain stupid? Or maybe they are just cold-hearted? Some of the things people have said to us after my miscarriage have been shocking. Brice came home upset last week. He said a guy named Peter (not his real name) told him that I probably caused this miscarriage because of the vicodin I take. Brice said it took everything in his power not to punch this guy out. My poor husband being the soft-hearted guy he is, was too upset to explain to this guy that my doctors at MD Anderson, one of the best cancer hospitals in the world, have told me it's perfectly safe for me to take under their supervision while pregnant. My unborn baby would be in far more danger if I didn't take it. I don't think anyone can understand the pain I go thru everyday. I have had ten brain surgeries, and two spinal surgeries. And lets not forget Gama Knife, a high dose of radiation therapy, all to remove tumors from my nerves. Yes nerves are what cause our body to hurt. And let's not forget to mention the tumors I still have on my spine and brain that haven't been removed. This Peter guy is a real jerk, but sadly he isn't the only person who has said hurtful things to us. A very good friend of mine asked me if my doctors were going to give me medicine so this miscarriage doesn't happen again? You're kidding me, right? Yeah she assumed this miscarriage was caused because something is wrong with me. Never once did she stop to think that maybe it was just spontaneous or chemical? People automatically want to assume something is wrong with me, and that hurts. We all have the same odds of having a miscarriage, yes even you. Of course we all think it won't ever happen to us, but those are the ones it normally happens to. Brice and I are slowly coming to peace with all the hurtful things that have been said to us. I could go on and on, but I think this was enough for me to write about- I feel better now.

6 comments:

Christina said...

OH MA...people are such idiots sometimes. It really makes you wonder if their parents taught them tact or not. I should tell you about the things my mom said to me when I was pregnant in April. It was a blast, lemmie tell you. *roll eyes*

((HUGS)) I'm glad you're such a strong woman!!!

Maryann said...

Thanks, Christina. I have learned so much about people in general thru all this.
Haha yeah you need to tell me about your mom. Send me a message on facebook.

randiann said...

Maryann,

Some people are just so rude and disrespectful when it comes to peoples feelings. Please pay no mind to idiots, know that you are well loved. You can have my children for me, cause I fear I will not be as lucky as you and Brice. Never give up hope. I pray for ya'll. You will make such a great mom. I love the strength that have, I would have cried if someone had been so mean about something as sensitive as a miscarriage.

Parrett Five said...

Maryann, you should never have to explain yourself. Period. You would NEVER EVER intentionally do anything to cause harm to a child that you and Brice have conceived. No one that truly knows you and cares for you would ever think otherwise. Love you!

TheGreenshawStart said...

What a JACKA$$ ... anyone that knows you knows you check everything out and research stuff.. you wouldnt be taking meds if it wasnt approved by your docs.... To bad I wasnt there I could have punched him in his back woods tooth for Brice..haha

brielle johnson said...

It really irritates me how Dumb some people can be. I have four perfectly healthy children but have had two miscarriages in between my three pregnancies. Sometimes our bodies just do things we don't understand. Hang in there I'm sure things will work out for you!!